- Mon-Fri: 7:30am to 6:00pm
- Sat: 7:30am to 12:30pm
- Sunday - Closed
What if I have an EMERGENCY?
Vernon Woods Animal Hospital was established in 1973. We have been an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 1984.
AAHA sets high standards for veterinary care so only a small percentage of animal hospitals are able to achieve accreditation. To maintain our status, we are routinely evaluated to make sure that our facilities, equipment and protocols are of the highest quality.
We have eight veterinarians on staff and offer a complete range of services—medical, surgical, boarding, and grooming.
Our gallery includes pictures of:
- Our boarding facilities
- Our front desk area
- Our grooming facilities
- Miscellaneous clinic shots
- Our client's pets
- Services we take pride in providing
- Our state-of-the-art surgery facilities
We check our email every 48-72 hours. Please feel free to submit questions, appointment and prescription requests. On-line requests are a new service for us so please be patient while we make needed adjustments.
For prescription refills, please allow 48-72 hours. If you have not heard from us by phone or email within that time, please call.
We do not take appointment requests over email for same-day appointments. If you do not hear from us before 5pm on the day that a request is submitted, please call.
- Mailing address: 270 Vernon Woods Drive NE | Atlanta, Ga. 30328
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone: (404) 252-1641
- Fax: (404) 252-7401
One of our veterinarians is on call every evening until 9pm to answer any questions should an emergency arise.
An emergency exists if your pet:
- Cannot urinate
- Is hit by a car
- Is bleeding
- Is having trouble breathing
- Collapses or seizures
- Is suddenly very ill
- Is bloated, has a swollen abdomen
- Is unconscious
- Has ingested poison
- Has been in labor for over two hours
- Develops a sudden swelling
- Is attacked by another animal
- Cannot walk or develops sudden weakness or lameness
- Seems very painful
- Has severe vomiting and/or diarrhea
What should be done next?
- If the emergency occurs during our regular business hours, call us at (404) 252-1641.
- You may reach our on-call doctor at (404) 290-1641 up until 9 PM.
- If the emergency occurs after regular business hours, please call the emergency clinic closest to you.
The closest emergency centers to our clinic are:
If you have a question and it does not relate to an emergency situation, please call the clinic and leave a message. Messages are reviewed and returned in the mornings (except on Sundays and Holidays).
Map and Directions
Take the Roswell Road/Sandy Springs exit. Turn right onto Roswell Road. Stay on Roswell Road for approximately 1.2 miles. Turn right at the seventh redlight onto Vernon Woods Drive. We are the fifth driveway on the left.
Take the Roswell Road/Sandy Springs exit. Turn left onto Roswell Road. Stay on Roswell Road for approximately 1.2 miles. Turn right at the seventh redlight onto Vernon Woods Drive. We are the fifth driveway on the left.
Take exit 5 (Sandy Springs). Take a right onto Abernathy Rd. At the intersection of Abernathy and Roswell Rd. (stoplight), take a left onto Roswell Rd. At the next stoplight turn left onto Vernon Woods Dr. We are the fifth driveway on the left.
Take exit 5b (Sandy Springs), and it will feed you onto Abernathy Rd going west. At the intersection of Abernathy and Roswell Rd. (stoplight), take a left onto Roswell Rd. At the next stoplight turn left onto Vernon Woods Dr. We are the fifth driveway on the left.